21-23 June 2012
A partnership with the Society for Literature, Science and the Arts Europe, the Supersonix conference will bring together 300 artists, scientists and practitioners in the field of sonic art and science.
It will lead academic and mainstream public audiences on a journey through sound via experiments, lectures, workshops and interactive technology, encouraging the broadest audiences to experience London’s cultural heartland in a new way, through the shared theme of sound.
It aims to:
- demystify contemporary scientific and artistic practice through public engagement and participation
- investigate new ways of thinking about sound
- examine the processes involved in hearing
- explore the history of listening
- showcase latest developments in scientific research and sound technology
- provide opportunities for sound artists to work with world-leading institutions and their collections