Quick Facts about NordiCHI’14 Performance submissions
- Deadline for submissions: August 14, 2014
- Submission: by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notification: September 11, 2014
- Camera-ready deadline: September 18, 2014
- Submission format: 2–4 pages in SIGCHI Extended Abstracts Format
- At the conference: Monday evening, 27.10.2014
- Archiving: Extended abstracts available for conference attendees on USB stick
A message from the Performances chair
For the first time, NordiCHI invites submissions of provocative, sophisticated, fun, fast and foundational music/sound art performances for the performance program of the conference, which will take place as part of NordiCHI’14 in Helsinki, October 26-30th 2014. We strongly encourage submissions that represent a diverse range of practices in any form of live music/sonic art, exploring the conference topic:
- artistic and aesthetic aspects of interaction and interface design
Koray Tahiroğlu, Aalto University
Performances at NordiCHI’14
The performances will take place in a casual environment during the conference get-together event. Maximum duration of 10 minutes is strongly encouraged for each submission. All the associated electronics, hardware, software must also be provided by the performer. The venue will include a decent sound system and video projection.
Performance submission content
Maximum 4 pages in SIGCHI extended abstract format; unanonymous.
Selected proposals will be included on the NordiCHI’14 USB stick.
The proposal must include:
• Title of work
• Name of composer/performer
• Description of piece
• Video URL of submitted proposal – links to any relevant media file of the performance
• Biographical note
• Duration, number of performers
• Technical requirements for the performance
Performance selection process
A jury will select the performances through a single-blind review process.